Our vision for the FPA of East Tennessee is to be recognized and respected among CFP® certificants and the general public across our region as an organization that supports and promotes the FPA standards of integrity, objectivity, competence, fairness, confidentiality, professionalism and diligence. We strive for excellence in our programming to provide our members with the best in professional development opportunities, helping them to be better prepared to serve their clients well. Our goal is to be regarded as the premier provider of continuing education credits, attracting new members to our organization year after year. We also strive to be actively involved in our community, promoting our profession and the value of personal financial planning in our region, connecting potential clients to competent, ethical professional planners delivering objective, client-centered advice.
Our mission is to promote the value of the financial planning profession by providing quality continuing education for our members, increasing public awareness of the benefits of the financial planning process, and promoting high ethical standards within the profession.
At FPA, our core values represent who we are. They describe our intended state of being. They are so integral to our being that we would not abandon them even if we were penalized for holding them. We want to attract as members those who share our values.
Competence: Our dedication to competence requires not only lifelong learning, but also that we continually assess our ability to appropriately and effectively address the needs of those we serve. Integrity: We strive to have ever more congruence between our words and deeds, and to deliver genuine value to those whom we serve. Relationships: We are committed to open, inclusive and respectful relationships, including collaboration among diverse parties on common interests. Stewardship: We recognize our responsibility to act with vision, ever mindful of the effects of our actions today and tomorrow on the future.
Our Business Objectives describe actions we will take to achieve our Primary Aim. We seek to accomplish this through strong and active leadership in partnership with FPA’s community of chapters.
- Unify the voice, focus and resources of the financial planning community, bringing together those who champion the financial planning process.
- Facilitate the success of our members and grow the organization.
- Cultivate the body of knowledge of personal financial planning.
- Advance awareness of the characteristics of professional financial planners and support the standards of the CFP® certification in order to serve the public.
- Define and effectively communicate a common understanding of the discipline of personal financial planning and the benefits of its use.